About SharedBook, Inc:
Located in the downtown New York City, SharedBook is a technology company that enables academic, corporate and consumer partners to dynamically produce personalized and customized books and documents. Please visit us at www.AcademicPub.com and www.SharedBook.com.
We are currently recruiting for candidates to join our team as a Marketing Intern. As an intern, you will get hands on experience with e-marketing, traditional marketing, social marketing, market research, analytics, sales support and customer service, - among other day-to-day administrative activities.
The chosen intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with key team members who are working on AcademicPub – an exciting new product that is lowering the cost of text books for students while making it easier for professors and bookstores to put together appropriate course materials.
- Learning how to understand and helping to prepare analytics reports.
- Learning and being involved in copyright clearance efforts.
- Assisting with the official company blog as well as potentially researching and writing short articles on educational technology and higher education for ancillary blogs.
- Assisting in market research.
- Helping to organize database and lead generation efforts.
- Learning about marketing e-mails.
- Learning about and assisting in content management from time to time.
- Sitting in on meetings regarding website and product design.
- Assist in social media efforts.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in a 2 or 4-year college.
- Would also consider highly qualified high school seniors.
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Microsoft Office applications, Word 2007 required, experience with Blogger, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Twitter (as well as tools such as Tweet Deck and Sprout Social), and other social media preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, efficient and results oriented.
- Strong professional, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work on projects autonomously.
Interns will receive a nominal stipend including transportation reimbursement.
Hours: 6-12 a week, flexible.
If you are self-motivated, confident and want to get real hands-on experience from skilled and knowledgeable professionals in the educational technology field, please respond, with AcademicPub Marketing Intern as the subject, with a cover letter and your resume to intern (at) sharedbook.com